- Our surgical team includes distinguished physicians and dedicated nurses with specialized skills and certifications who provide our patients with expert care.
- Our surgical team is trained and experienced in the use of the most current techniques, including minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures
- Patient safety is paramount at Ottumwa Regional Health Center.
- More than 10,000 diverse surgical procedures are performed at Ottumwa Regional Health Center each year.
- Our Central Scheduling office takes the hassle out of making appointments and scheduling pre-admission tests.
- Our multidisciplinary team will seamlessly provide any related follow-up care or support associated with your recovery.
- Our pre-admission process ensures that you will have an opportunity to ask a knowledgeable surgical nurse any questions that you may have prior to the day of your surgery.
- On the day of your procedures, you will be greeted by members the surgical team. The focus of the team is to ensure the safety and quality of your care.
- You will receive personalized care and attention because everyone at Ottumwa Regional Health Center is committed to making your visit as pleasant, stress-free and comfortable as possible.
Our Surgical Facilities
- Five modern operating suites
- Twenty-one bay one day surgery unit
- Three gastrointestinal procedure rooms
- A fully equipped Post-Anesthesia Care Unit equipped with high-definition monitors
- A comfortable, spacious waiting area
- da Vinci Robotic Technology
Types of procedures
- Cardiac Catheterization
- General Surgery
Meet the Surgeons: